The October Noggin was something of a milestone as it was our first, ‘traditional’ Noggin since February 2020! That Noggin was also held at the Beeches and had been intended as the first of a number of venues that we tried out in our search for a new regular Noggin venue. Little did we know that when we next returned there it would be 20 months further on, and that, apart from Roving Noggins and BBQs outside, it would also be the first venue in our post lock down lives! 24 DonMoggers attended and we had use of the large function room at the back of the pub. It think everyone who ate there was pleased with their meal, and the
portion sizes were certainly very generous too. Thanks to Martin for doing the organising and for acting as liaison between the Centre and the pub. The following news items were covered:
1. A reminder that our next Noggin will be our AGM, to be held at the Beeches on
Wednesday 17th November. Please see the note in the newsletter.
2. Newsletter Editor volunteer – I was pleased to be able to announce that Roger Pullen, one of our newer members has volunteered to stand for the role of Newsletter editor when Martin stands down at the AGM. Thank you Roger.
3. Planning meeting. Following the business part of the AGM the 17th November is also our planning meeting for 2022. Please have a think about what events you would like in 2021 and whether you feel able to organise one or not. See also note elsewhere in the newsletter.
4. Up coming events :
- Crazy Golf @ Trent Lock Golf Course on October 26th;
- Classic Car Show at the NEC 12th – 14th November, with a number of DonMog cars on show;
- Trip to Tutbury Castle to see Lesley Smith as Boudicca pm November 17th;
- Christmas meal and December Noggin at The Falcon Inn, Long Whatton on 15th December;
- We agreed for the ease of organisation, that the January 2021 Noggin would also be held at the Beeches.
5. Cancellations : The proposed ARSES Trip to the Rutland County Museum, Oakham planned for Tuesday 16thNovember has been deferred for now as they are not opening on a Tuesday at the moment and no other suitable date was available this year.
6. Paul (Fileman) had some samples and stock of Centre Regalia on display and for sale and I believe made some sales.